Friday, January 4, 2013

Amy's Accomplishment

I want to take a moment to tell you of a story of a great woman who bloomed later in life.  She is my bestie from the crib, Miss Amy.  Amy married right out of high school and quickly (and surprisingly  found herself pregnant with John Fox.  She worked at the bank for many years and eventually remarried and moved to Shreveport where she finished her degree.  

Amy became a loan officer and quickly moved up in the banking world.  About 3 years ago, she decided to go back to school and complete her Master's Degree.  That is no easy task when you commute 45 minutes each way per day and have been promoted to an executive position in a regional company.  She also has a fiance, two dogs, a mother, and two grand kids to see after as well.  To obtain a degree with the all the time demands of her busy life is pretty amazing.

So, on December 15th with Gayla, Carla, Ray and I watched Amy walked across the stage, was hooded and given her degree.  I am so proud of her for all of her accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!