Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Gatherings

One of my favorite times of the year is Crass Christmas Cheer.  We have our home open to friends and family for a few hours the Wednesday night before Christmas.  Ray cooks loads of ribs and the spirits flow.  The house is decorated for the holidays and everyone is always welcome.  Every year we invite about 275 of our closest friends and anywhere for 150-200 show up.  

Remarkably, the crowd is different from year to year.  We had such a great time this year seeing all our friends and family as they dropped in to gather and visit for the evening.  Each year, we cook 18 racks of ribs and before the evening is over there is rarely more than a half of rack left.  In fact, Ray put a rack back in the fridge to take to the son in law, but someone found it.  It soon disappeared as did all the other food in the house.

Now that the holidays are drawing to a close, it's time to clean up the Christmas stuff and just move forward with Crass Cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!