Saturday, January 12, 2013

Linens

My Mother and I were shopping today at this really neat little store on the square in Glen Rose.  The sign on the store front said, "We don't have antiques.  We have Junk."  But they had some really cool junk.   And boy, did they have some cool junk.
 
I bought some great odds and ends of napkins, linen cloths to wrap up hot rolls and a beautiful square table cloth for my Mother to put on her oak table.  I bought two sets of cloth napkins with beautiful handwork.  We had a great time talking about the different dishes these beautiful linens would accompany on my table.
 
I am thankful that my Mother instilled in me the desire to have a beautiful table.  To this day, we eat on real plates, use real glasses and cloth napkins at meal time at our house.  I often use my china and crystal just because.  Mother always said there was no point in having it if you weren't going to use it.  The same she said was true for cloth napkins.  We have washers and dryers and there is just no reason not to use them.
 
So don't let them dry rot in the drawers.  Pull them out.  Set your table.  It really does make the food taste better.  Thanks Mom for teaching me to appreciate the family dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!