Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Our Family Christmas

My son is pretty amazing. He likes to get things for you that you would just not expect. This year, he got me a deli meat slicer.  It's is truly something I have longed for many a day.  I love to create in the kitchen and this is just the perfect tool to go with my vac sealer.  Since Christmas I have sliced summer sausage, cheese, ham, etc.  We have bags and bags of sliced stuff in the fridge.

However, we know that the blade on that little appliance is pretty sharp.  I am prone to slicing my hands and fingers up with my sharp knives anyway, so we had a long talk about how to be very careful when using this appliance.  In fact we even made a deal.  I won't use the appliance when I by myself (so if I cut my hand off, someone else can dial 911) and if you have had even a drop of alcohol (a sip of wine counts) you may not use said appliance.

Well as fate would have it, I have already broken my promise.  Ray was out of town and I wanted to slice up these little rolls and make wafer thin garlic bites.  So...........even though I was all alone (Pattycake was across the street) but it was early and there was no wine involved, I used the appliance.  Lo and behold, my sweet friend, Kim, who dropped by that evening bold face asked me if I used it by myself.  I contemplated covering but I knew she would catch me.......so I fessed up.  

The only saving grace was the wafer thin garlic crisps were truly the hit of the evening!  So what interesting gift did you get for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!