Monday, January 7, 2013

Pie

This weekend brought back some pretty amazing childhood memories.  I began digging through my recipe files and came upon one of my favorite's called Mother's Pie.  When I was growing up, I named the dish after the person introducing me to the food.  I cooked all weekend making chicken and dumplings, gumbo, soup, roasted chicken, grilled tenderloin fillets, twice baked potatoes, and pies.  Lots of pies were made this weekend.

But one pie in particular holds special meaning and tasting it brought back some warm fuzzy feelings.  Mother's pie, as it is affectionately called, is a pretty easy recipe.  You basically just dump stuff into a graham cracker crust.  I made it and promptly ate a piece as soon as it was chilled.  Delicious.  What a great way to bring back memories!  Send me a message if you are interested in the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!