Monday, February 4, 2013

Blessings

Blessings come in many shapes and sizes.  Sometimes we are overwhelmed at the sheer size of them, while at other times, we forget to say thanks for the little things that made us smile.  I've really made an effort the last few months to be openly thankful for the many blessings in my life.  

This is not to say that I still don't have trials and tribulations, but only to say rather than wallow in the the problems, I plan to find something every day to be thankful for in my life.  Several things come to mind that I remember I should say thank you to God for each morning that I rise.  I want to list a few of them out (and this list is by no means exhaustive) but certainly what has been on my mind lately.

1.  I am blessed to have had a place called home  with parents and family that has always been and always will be safe.

2.  I am blessed to have a son and two daughters who have good hearts, kind souls and a love for Jesus and fellow man.

3.  I am blessed to have wonderful friends that that I love and who are supportive of me and my goals and dreams and enjoy that our lives intertwine.

4.  I am blessed beyond measure to have a husband who is Godly, the spiritual head of our house and who loves me unconditionally.

5.  I am blessed to have a warm bed, ample food, a car that runs and medical insurance.

Be thankful for all that you have (and not just the tangible) and don't dwell on all that you don't have.  God's has lots in store for me and you.  I'm really glad to get up every day and see his blessings unfold.  What are you blessed by these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!