Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Friendship

I love August.  Not really!  It's hot.  I'm tired of summer and so ready to get college football kicked off. Plus, it's always so busy at work.  However, there are two special days in August that I always love to celebrate.


August has always been for as long as I can remember the month that Amy becomes as old as I do.  She is only 9 months younger than me, but we have celebrated every birthday since we were 2 years old together.  She makes me laugh, lets me cry, and has stood by me when I make some really goofy and embarrassing decisions.  Therefore, I am going to declare August 14th as Amy Beth Fox Day.  Reach out to her on Thursday and wish her a happy one.


Also, August 5th is the birthday of my sweet, sweet friend, Patty Taylor.  God blessed me so much when He brought her into my life.  She too has a special place in my heart.  She has taught me so many things and set an example for me on a daily basis.  She is the one who inspires me "to do right!."  It is her way of saying, "What would Jesus do"?  Everyone needs someone who is a living example of real goodness.  I'm blessed that she is mine.

So join with me in celebrating the lives of these two friends.  One has been in my life since the cradle and the other only a short time in my life.  I hope and pray that they both remain in my life for many more years.  They both remind me that August is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!