Saturday, November 22, 2014

Anniversary


Nine years ago today, Amy and I were getting up and getting ready to head to the hair stylist to get some pretty flowers in my hair.  Gayla and Dana were on their way to "make me up".  Mom was fussing about making sure everyone had everything they needed.  Daddy and Jake had gone off with Ray to a pawn shop and then to lunch.  That's right.......that's how my wedding day started.



As the day progressed, various little issues arose.  Jake had to sew me into my wedding dress. The girls fixed me a great garter with something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.  Carla was checking in from D.C. all day.  The reception area was made ready at the Country Club.  I was still not sure that marriage was the right path, but I knew Ray Crass was the right man.



So, I did it.  I married Ray Crass.  It was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.  He is the rock that keeps me steady.  He is the calm in the storm.  He makes me laugh and makes me feel like I am truly a queen.  The last nine years have been quite a ride.  We've traveled the world, but love our home most of all.  We've enjoyed some of the finest dining around, but still love a hot dog or Frito chili pie.  We've weathered illness, death, and tragedy.  We've celebrated births, birthdays, and weddings.  But no matter what, we will stay together until death parts us.  

Blessed today is all I can say!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!